Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wood Ticks and "Phsycic Freaks"

Two Sunday's ago I noticed that I had a mole on my back that I hadn't previously had. Then I realized - it was a TICK; the first tick I have ever had. I utterly detest ticks. Anything that can stick it's head in your flesh and suck your blood for long periods of time is absolutely abominable to me. ICK. With the help of my husband I dug every last piece of the tick out of my back. I then spent the rest of the day informing anyone who would listen about my traumatic experience (as an attempt to heal the emotional scar this experience had left, of course). One person I told via email was my twelve-year old brother. I just received his response:

"You got a tick?!! That is so cool!!! Is the place where you got it turning red or are you feeling woozy? If you are you will become Tick Woman and you would have to spend the rest of your life saving the citizens of New York City!!! I hope that doesn't happen. But if it does you have to tell me!!! Because then I could spend the rest of my life being a phsycic freak that knows everything! ( I don't know how to spell Phsycic so if you know, tell me.) Good By Rebekah!!! I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again!!! Bye!


P.S. Do not show our parents this."

No comments: