Friday, April 24, 2009

The Last Installment of: The Adventures of Melanie Marie (A Garden Gnome)

Anyhow, Melanie Marie continued to the garden where she met up with the young and handsome prince of the humions who would be informing her of her first job.

"I am very confused,"Melanie Marie tried to convince the prince so that he would not remember to give her a job, "But I think I was supposed to meet you here."

"Yes you were, and unfortunately for you, your emotions are not contagious to me, because I am of royal blood. But Melanie, may I call you that? Melanie, I cannot find it in my heart to make our servant. You see, my dearest, I am in love with you. I know I am a humion and that you are a gnome, but we could elope and start our own race. That would be so romantic."

"Um, maybe I missed it, but what was your name again? And until breakfast I had never even met you, how could you possibly love me?"

"Oh, I am a fool, I poured out my heart to you before I had even introduced myself," he said bending down on one knee, "Will you marry me?"

"WHAT?!" she exclaimed, "You still haven't even told me your name! And you are freaking me out, I am going to leave!"

"My dearest, was that a yes? Oh you have made me the happiest humion ever! Let us go at once to the chapel!"

"That was a no! I can't marry you! I don't even know your name! I am going to leave! Goodbye!" She yelled as she ran out of the garden.

Normally the prince would have followed her, but he was so heartbroken that he fell on the ground and began hallucinating images of the life he would never have with Melanie Marie.

As she ran through the city gates, a sudden blanket of guilt rushed over her. Had she too quickly left a place where she was treated so generously? Was the prince really in love with her? And if he was, did her rude words pulverize any sense of manly pride he had, to the point where he would never be able to rule his kingdom of humions? Somewhat regretfully she kept pushing forward, one step at a time. She decided that nothing was worth becoming a servant, and so she never looked back.

It was soon nightfall, and she was glad to be alone and free once again. The stars sparkled and the trees sang, the wind blew her hair gracefully back into the cool night air. She began to sing with the trees and dance with the wind; she turned about in circles filled with a bubbling joy she never thought was possible to experience. It was like all of a sudden her whole being was at peace...slowly she began to drift off into an ever so peaceful sleep.


The End.

No comments: