Monday, October 6, 2008

Someday I want a Muntjac Deer


This is my blog. Mostly, I think I will blog about whatever I feel like blogging about (I don't want to limit myself in the world of blog). So, today I feel like blogging about Muntjac Deer. I pronounce it "moont-jack", but I don't know if that is right. You can pronounce it however you'd like. And if you do know the correct pronunciation, please let me know because it isn't on Wikipedia.
If you don't know what Muntjac Deer are, they are little tiny deer that are about the size of a kitten when they are born and don't grow to be more than 20 lbs. I am thinkin' that is pretty sweet. I have wanted a kitten for awhile now. But why would I get a kitten when I could have a deer that's the size of a kitten? Ridiculous. Here are my top 6 favorite things (in no particular order) about the possibility of owning a Muntjac Deer:

1. They don't smell, they use a litter box, and they are clean.
2. If I had one, I could name it Faline if it was a girl and Bambi if it was a boy.
3. They bark. How funny would it be if you took your deer on a walk and it barked at people? What a good time.
4. They are from China. I love everything Asian.
5. The technical name of a Muntjac Deer is Muntiacus reevesi. Roughly translated, this means Reeves Muntjac. Reeves is my maiden name.
6. They like to leap, run, and don't jump on the furniture.

The only thing about owning one of these cute little guys is that they are kinda pricey. If you ever happen to find a deal on one (like, less than $100) it would be kind of you to let me know. Or, if you are just walking down the street and you happen to see one just put it in a box or something and I will come pick it up.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

this is amazing. I love it.

oldtranslations said...

you can't tell me an animal doesn't smell. my cat uses a litter box, and it smells. i use a toilet, which is much cleaner and produces fewer odors than a litter box, and it still smells.